The converting, maintenance, and operation of a Suzuki Samurai conversion to Electric power.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Catching up


I got a new charger from http://www.evsource.com! I don't see it listed in their catalog any more. Not sure what that means. Anyway, this means that I can opportunity charge with more amps than my "boosted bad boy" would allow. Even use 220V if I can find it.

Unfortunately, the charger is about the same size as one of my batteries. Finding space for it was a challenge. It meant redavinating everything on the left side of the under-hood area.

The charger is the black finned thing near the firewall.  You will also notice that one of my red batteries has been replaced with a black Trojan. The pack is getting tired and one battery was "tireder" than the rest.  Anyway, the charger is in the space formerly occupied by the house battery and the dc/dc. The house battery is at the extreme right where the window washer was, the DC/DC is where the throttle control and red oogah horn used to be. The throttle control is just visible under the fender on the extreme right of the picture. The horn was mooved to the former radiator area and the window washer needs to have a new bracket made for installation.

No comments: